Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Journal #35

I do not think I would enjoy being a reporter in a war at all. First of all, I do not enjoy fighting or war in general. I would be absolutely terrified, even though I would obviously not be fighting. I mean, if I was right there in the trenches with the soldiers, the likelihood of something happening or maybe even having to fight myself would probably be kind of logical and probable. I would obviously not enjoy that, and, without prior training as a soldier, I would probably be in some deep trouble if the opposing soldiers attacked. Also, I really do not think I would enjoy the general war environment; like I said, I do not like fighting and I would really hate being in the middle of a war.

It might be kind of cool to be a reporter in the war because you would get to see all the action without necessarily participating in the fighting. However, if I was in the trenches with them, then there is always the chance I could get involved in the fighting, and, like I said, that would definitely be an issue. While it would be cool to be able to show people back home what was going on and experience a life changing experience, I think the terror and the anxiousness of the war itself would be way too overwhelming for me. I would not enjoy it at all.

Another reason why I would not like it is because in the war, you always hear of soldiers who meet people and become good friends with them, but then tragedy strikes and their friend is killed. This seems to be a kind of common trend; I mean, it is the war, and it is sadly not uncommon for people to die. I would not like to see people I had bonded with fight in bloody battles and potentially be killed. Obviously, most people probably feel like that, but let's be honest, it would be an awful thing. If I can prevent it from happening, then I obviously would. Therefore, I just would not want to be a reporter in war; it would be extremely dangerous, not really fun in general, and people I had gotten to know and love would be put in danger and possibly be killed.

No comments:

Post a Comment