Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Journal #15

I use logic and reason a lot in my every day life. I mean, basically every decision I make has to do with logic and reason, and pretty much every action one makes in a day is based off a decision in one way or another. A decision is a choice based off of logic and reason; therefore, every little thing you do in life is based off of logic and reason.

The great Luke Reynolds is choosing to argue with me on this here topic. Luke states, "Well, what if you base a decision off of pure gut instinct? What if you make a choice based on the reaction you first feel; you use your instinct, not logic or reason? Then you would obviously not be using logic or reason."

I say, "Luke Reynolds, you are a foolish and petty boy. You must use some abstract thinking here, friend. At one point in your life, you made the conscious decision that you were accepting of using your gut instinct; it is a choice whether you want to follow that gut instinct or not. I can be making a decision and feel one way in my gut but consciously be aware that I should make a different choice. Therefore, I use or am using logic and reason even in making "gut instinct" decisions." Boom roasted, Luke. Nice try though.

Without logic and reason, the people of America and the planet Earth would be foolish little organisms running around in circles, acting like chickens with their heads cut off. We would not be able to make smart decisions that could positively influence our state, our country, or even our world! What would we do? We would actually not be able to do anything at all; I really just do not think we would be able to live longer than a few days because we would not be able to make decisions about how to act of even the right nutrition and nourishment we need. People would probably live miserable lives, except without logic and reason, they probably would not even realize they were miserable. Our society would just be a wreck.

No comments:

Post a Comment