Monday, October 25, 2010

Journal #17

Some call me Nikki. Some call me Grimer. Most people, however, know me by Pocahontas. I am a nature Queen. I hate all things that could be considered technology, such as cell phones, computers, facebook, toilets, showers, sinks, microwaves, refrigerators, kindles, x ray machines, and all things that are not powered by the good Lord. I feel most comfortable when I am out in my wigwam made of sticks and the hides of animals I caught, killed, and skinned myself. I love running around with just the clothes I was born with when I left my mother's womb. It lets me get away from the crazy, hectic life of the city. I was not meant to live in the city. I cannot bond with brick buildings and honking cars; I need to smell the oak trees, taste the wild berries, and see the stars above me when I sleep.

The first time I bonded with nature, I was six years old. I was living with my parents at the time. Their names were Sunset and Grassland. They had been raised in the nature, but events had taken them in to the city, where they raised me. However, by the time I was six, they realized I too needed the nature around me. So there I was, surrounded by trees that seemed to go higher than the clouds and flowers that were brighter and bigger than any I had ever seen in my life. Without me even realizing it, my parents had slipped away to let me explore on my own. All of a sudden, I saw a wild boar. Instead of being afraid, I felt a sudden sense of peace come over me. I walked over to the boar, held out my hand, and began to gently pet his noggin. When my parents returned, they found me sound asleep, curled up with the boar. That day, I bonded with nature, and I have been bound ever sense.

No comments:

Post a Comment