Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Journal #10

There is very much debate when it comes to science verses religion. A lot of people believe in religion and God, while others believe in science. Personally, I think there is a mix of both that is evident in this world. I believe in God; I think He created every little thing that there is. I believe that He created the earth, and that He made every single one of us. I do not believe in evolution; however, I do think it is quite possible for things to evolve. I do not think we came from monkeys or whatever. Frankly, I think that is quite ridiculous. They do not have a developed frontal lobe or something in their brain and there is no way it could become as developed as a humans; scientists said something like that quite recently I do believe.

One book that I think made sense of science verses religion was the novel Angels and Demons by Dan Brown. In that book, he discussed different ideas about religion and how it can relate to science, and I thought his viewpoints are very interesting and intriguing. I never watched the movie, but I imagine that it is very good as well. The book was kind of gruesome, though, like when the religious people were hanged and killed and stabbed and stuff like that. The funny thing is that I do not actually remember how the book even ends. I can't seem to remember who the bad guy actually is; I know it has something to do with Victoria's dad, though. At least I think it does. Maybe it does not, since I kind of thought he died. Maybe I should just reread that story sometime.

I think it is dumb that people get into wars and fights and stuff like that over religion. I definitely stand up for my religion whenever I am faced with that choice in a situation, but I think it goes against everything people are trying to represent when they fight in wars to prove how right they are. Basically, I understand why there is so much debate over science and religion, but I think it is ridiculous that there is so much hype over it.

No comments:

Post a Comment