Thursday, September 30, 2010

Journal #11

So, this journal is about ethics and values. I personally think that I have extremely good ethics and values. I am well behaved on a whole, and I care very much about how other people are being treated. This reminds me of a funny story in eighth grade. I think I will share it with all of you right now. Just so you know, the names of everybody have been changed.

Elise was at her grandparents' house. It was Christmas. Actually, the day was Christmas Eve, but she was at her grandparents' house for Christmas. Elise was thirteen years old and had been dating Robert for a couple months. She really liked him and their relationship had been going well. However, since it was middle school, it was not like it was anything too serious yet. Anyway, Elise called Robert to see how he was doing. Since she had not seen him in a couple of days, she was really excited to talk to him. To her dismay, when they finally began talking, he did not sound very happy. Elise asked him what was wrong.

"Elise, do you like Thomas?" Elise did not know what to say. She was just in utter shock.

"No! If I liked Thomas, why would I be dating you? Robert, I swear, that is the dumbest thing I have ever heard. Why would you even think that?"

Robert replied, "Well, I was talking to Ann the other day, and she told me that you flirted with him all the time. Plus she told me that your morals and values have been changing."

Elise just kind of sat there, confused. "Robert. You know Ann likes you. Obviously that is why she said that. And what does that even mean, my morals and values have changed?"

Robert paused. "I actually have no idea. That is kind of dumb."

THE END.

To this day, "Robert" and I still joke about that conversation. It is funny because I obviously have and had good morals and values; however, "Ann" obviously did not have very good morals and values. She is my friend now though. <3

1 comment:

  1. Well this is and interesting story to say the least, especially since I witnessed most of it myself. You used nice, descriptive dialogue, and you moved the story along nicely. Since there are no true facts, support is not really necessary. Anyway, your little story was kind of funny.

    ReplyDelete