Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Journal #7

I really do not think I follow any superstitions. Personally, I think superstitions are kind of dumb. For example, Paige Graham, who sits in the seat right beside me, believes that every time a dog barks at her, she will have bad luck for two years. That is so ridiculous. That would amount to like nine thousand nine hundred and eighty years of bad luck, which I do not think is really possible. Basically she would have bad luck for the rest of her life just because a dog barked at her. That is quite laughable.

I think OCD traits are kind of like superstitions a little bit. Well, maybe it is not quite the same, but I am just trying to do a simple comparison. For example, if I put lotion on one leg, I feel like I must put lotion on the other leg or else I will feel all weird and jumpy until I do apply the lotion. However, I do not feel like if I do not put the lotion on I will be cursed or something; who would think that? Oh yeah, witches. But I am no witch. I just feel like my equilibrium is off and that bothers me quite some bit.

When I think of superstitions, I always think of the Fairly Odd Parents. There is this one episode they used to play way back in the day where the anti-fairies are released from jail. They take joy in making people miserable, so any superstition that is broken is punished. For example, Timmy Turner walks under a ladder and his mom's back breaks or something. There is also the time when he spills salt, breaks a ladder, sees a black cat, steps on a crack, and stuff like that. I think his mom's back breaks every time. It might be his dad whose back is breaking though, just because his dad is usually the main parent. Either way, it hurts one of his parents, and it continues to do so until they return all the anti-fairies back into their jail.

No comments:

Post a Comment