Friday, September 3, 2010

Journal #4

I love long trips. Unfortunately, since I participate in cross country and softball, both of my brothers play baseball, and my dad is a baseball coach, there is not much time for my family to take vacations. There is also the fact that both of my parents are teachers and I work at Dairy Queen. It is hard for us to take time off, and, let us face it, we are obviously not rolling in extra money. I mean, I obviously am, since Dairy Queen is such a luxurious job. My parents, on the other hand, cannot exactly pay for us to go to Australia every year or anything. That is the one place I want to go more than anywhere in the world. The reason behind that is that my grandma lived in Australia until she was about twenty. That is when she met my grandpa during the war and she came back to America to live with him.

Anyway, let me clarify what I meant when I said I have never been on a long trip. I have never seen an ocean. Obviously, with that being said, I have never been to another country. Or Canada. I have never even been on a moving airplane. So for my family, long trips, also known as vacation to Wisconsin, is a fun little car ride. For me, though, I enjoy it. I get along well with my two younger brothers, so the long car rides are usually fun. I get to spend time with my whole family, and even though we drive my parents psycho, I usually end up getting closer to my brothers. Until Johnny spills an entire large milkshake in the backseat and it makes the car smell like rotten milk for the rest of the week; yeah, I was not really a fan of him right then. Long trips, though, always seem to bring my family closer together just because we are pretty much forced together for days or weeks at a time without any other friends as a distraction.

No comments:

Post a Comment