Monday, January 3, 2011

Journal #27

Persistence is a very important trait to display. When one is persistent, they never give up, and they keep on enduring something even though it may be difficult or challenging. I think I display persistence; I run cross country so I kind of have to persist throughout the race. Three miles is kind of hard to race, so this trait allows me to finish the race without stopping.

I really do not like the word "persistence." The "e" at the end gets me every time; I always try to put an "a" there and it is very frustrating when the little red squiggly line appears under the word. It makes me want to scream and shake my computer until the little red squiggly line goes away. Unfortunately, since I am in a school environment, I cannot sufficiently do this, as it could be considered destruction of property and I could probably get in quite a load of trouble. Instead, to calm my nerves, I will just find more pictures of Ryan Reynolds without a shirt on and put it as the background of my computer; that makes me laugh and instantly calms my nerves as I begin to forget about the stupid little red squiggly line and the word persistence.

Over Christmas break, I used persistence when I was watching Criminal Minds. That, by the way, is easily the best television show ever created by man. Throughout break, my brother, my father, and I watched two entire seasons of the show. Although that was not a difficult form of persistence, it certainly was persistence. I endured through many exciting and fascinating hours of the show in order to learn more about these people's lives and ideas. Doctor Spencer Reid is my favorite character. Matthew Gray Gubler, the actor who plays him, is a sweetheart and I absolutely adore him. He is currently the background of my home computer, and that is by choice, not because the word persistence was annoying me. Anyway, persistence is not always difficult. It is just enduring through activities in order to reach a goal.

No comments:

Post a Comment