Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Journal #28

On Black Friday, I took my little brothers shopping. We woke up at three o'clock in the morning. It took a lot of effort for me to get up Johnny, my youngest brother, because he is a heavy sleeper and is kind of stubborn when he is tired. I convinced them to get going by bribing them with McDonald's. I got my way; they got up and dressed pretty fast, and we headed out. When we arrived at McDonald's, it was so packed. There were people everywhere. It was hard just to get into the parking lot! We stood around for a while and finally ordered. After we ordered, it took another twenty minutes to get the food and drinks. I did not exactly get my way then, but it was not a huge deal because I work in fast food so I know how it can be, and I know better than to complain.

After we got our food and drinks, we headed to the Wal-Mart parking lot. To our dismay and surprise, people were already heading into the store! We had been ready for a camp out, and needless to say we were disappointed. We went inside and it was just lame, so we headed to Target. Unfortunately, Target had opened even earlier, so it was even more crowded. We picked out some items, then got in line. As we stood there in the line that was wrapped through the lanes and around the entire building all the way to the entrance, I realized that I really did not want to be standing there. I looked over to my brothers and said, "Hey guys, I am going to go try on some clothes, so hold our spot in line." They complained and argued, but I am obviously the best arguer around, so they lost. They ended up standing in line for at least a half and hour. Then we got bored, hid our stuff under a pile of clothes so we could go back and get it later, and we left. I was very happy that I got my way and did not waste a half hour of my life standing in that ridiculous line.

No comments:

Post a Comment