Thursday, January 20, 2011

Journal #33

Springfield is such an incredibly boring city. Nothing ever happens in Springfield unless it is related to Abraham Lincoln, and, no offense, but he was cool like ten years ago. That is honestly all that happens; I one time was extremely bored and my friend Cara and I wanted to do something fun. I went onto my computer and Googled "Things to do in Springfield, Illinois," and a list of thirteen things popped up. Ten had to do with Abraham Lincoln, two had to do with the capitol, and one was a gas station. We literally have nothing to do; therefore, not much comes from Springfield.

Obviously, the horseshoe is from Springfield; that is the most obvious item. Our delicious single slice of bread topped with your choice of flavorful meat and covered in friends and a sauce is a delectable, healthy choice for your everyday dinner. Actually, it is very good tasting, but it is kind of overrated sometimes. D'Arcy's Pint has extremely good horseshoes though.

Some musical talent has come out of Springfield. Two bands that might be a little more well known are the Graduate and Park; they are kind of alternative bands that I think are very good. However, they are not extremely famous to the overall community. They are not completely unheard of, and since they originated in Springfield, I would consider them a pretty big deal.

Although, as I have previously mentioned, I do think all this Lincoln stuff is kind of dumb, his monuments and stuff definitely serve as an attraction for tourists. Sometimes when it is over a hundred degrees outside, I will be in my cool, air conditioned car downtown and see crazy tourists with cameras slung around their necks running to and fro between Lincoln's house and the new Lincoln monumental building. Frankly, I think it is just so dumb that someone would willingly vacation in Springfield, Illinois, but I guess some people just get a kick out of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment