Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Burn Your House Down

As I said in my last blog, Montag is a straight up idiot for telling Mildred and her friends about the books. I mean, I understand feeling the urge to let people in on your feelings in order to feel understand and whatnot, but dear Montag. This is Mildred we are talking about here. I would rather be married to a stuffed animal; at least then it would do whatever you wanted and would never complain. It would also never call the fire department about the books you had hidden secretly for all these years. Your wife is such a little sweetheart, gosh I wish I will be just like her when I am older! Just kidding, heck, if I ended up as dreadful as her, I would probably try to kill myself too. I do not really mean that, that is nothing to kid about; I was just trying to relate to the story. I figured I might as well clarify that for all my hundreds of readers.

It is really hard to type blogs when you are tired and have a cute little dog snuggled next to you and have a new phone that is super nice that keeps vibrating because a foreign boy keeps texting you. How is that for a run on sentence?

Anyway, Beatty is a much meaner man than I thought he was. At first, I thought he was cool; yeah, he destroyed books and all, but he was decent towards Montag even when he found out about the one book. However, when he takes Montag to burn down Montag's house, Beatty reveals his vicious, psycho side. At least we know that Montag was not just going crazy when he thought he heard the Hound outside his house. Beatty is a jerk. I would sure not like him as a boss. If I were a boss, I would never make one of my employees burn their own house down. Although, now that I think about it, if it was a person I truly despised, I would probably be kind of mean to them. Burning an entire house down seems pretty extreme, though.

No comments:

Post a Comment