Saturday, August 21, 2010

I Don't Care About Cars

John Steinbeck did not disappoint with Chapter Seven. Actually, he did, but I was referring to the pattern of the chapters. Chapter Seven was about cars. There is some used car lot, and I think they are kind of ripping people off? I honestly do not really know. I could not care less about cars. To me, a car looks cool or it does not. I mean, gas mileage is good and stuff, but I could not look at a car and tell you its gas mileage like some people can. Personally, I think cars are overrated. I know people who are obsessed with cars that can tell you every little detail about any car they see. While I think it is cool that they are so smart about it, to me it seems pointless. I have never been one of those people who obsesse over nice cars or wants a certain car; if a car will take me from point A to point B, I am happy. I am sixteen, and a couple months ago I got my first car. It is a 1993 Honda Civic. It is older than I am, it is kind of rusty, the air conditioning is broken, the interior is basically carpet, and the little mats that go under your feet are kind of gross looking. But you know what? I am happy with it. Sure, a cute little convertible would have been nice, but honestly I do not think it really matters. Oh yeah, and my speakers are blown out. That is kind of annoying, because I like to listen to my music loud, but it is really not a big deal. I like my little purple car. Matt named it Gayle.

Anyway, I found that whole chapter boring and pointless, because, as you can see, I do not care one bit about cars. I would almost rather read about that dumb turtle crossing the road again because at least I like turtles. What is funny is that I almost ran over a turtle the other day in my little Honda Civic. How is that for a coincidence?

No comments:

Post a Comment