Saturday, August 21, 2010

Getting Ready to Leave

So, Chapter Nine actually was not so bad. It was just kind of weird. It was basically just a jumble of thoughts or something; I think they were Joad's thoughts but I might be mistaken. I mean, I might be mistaken about them being a jumble of thoughts, too, but that is just how it came across to me.

I am happy right now because I am finally getting somewhat close to finishing these blogs, and Grapes of Wrath is not too bad to read. I am also happy because I just ran my brother to Dairy Queen, which is where I work because I am a cool kid, and we got Blizzards. So now I am full off of a Peanut Buster Blizzard, I am doing well on my assignment, and I will be going to meet Kirk and then hang out with some people later. Plus I even made time to go for a run earlier! This was a decent, productive day.

Anyway, back to the story. It appears that the Joad family are taking the final steps to leaving. They are packing up all of their important belongings and burning the rest. I do not understand really why they are burning everything else; I feel like if they just left them in the house maybe they could come back for them in a while since things were evidently left untouched in the Joads' original home. Another thing I do not understand is that I thought Joad (as in the main character) had said in one of the earlier chapters that since he was on parole he could not go outside the country. Yet here they are, getting ready to go to California. Maybe I just misinterpreted what he was saying earlier; it was like the second chapter or somewhere around there. Maybe it was the fourth. I do not recall. I really thought he said he could not leave the state, and he would have to check in to some officers every so often. I guess that is not what he was trying to say? I do not really know. I am stumped.

No comments:

Post a Comment