Friday, August 20, 2010

Sharks are Mean

As soon as they mentioned the chunk being taken out of the fish after the first shark attacked, I was like, oh boy, here we go. Everyone knows that sharks are attracted to blood, and I am pretty sure that when a chunk is bitten out of a fish, there is a lot of blood. There is also blood when a shark is harpooned and killed. Basically, there is a lot of blood in the water, and I have heard that just the smallest amount of blood can attract a shark. Talking about blood and sharks reminds me of Finding Nemo, when that one big shark smells the blood and goes psycho trying to catch Dori and Marvin or Melvin or whatever his name was. That scared me a lot because if the shark killed Marvin or Melvin or whatever, he would not be able to find Nemo, and if the shark killed Dori, the movie would no longer be hilarious. Thankfully, sharks are dumb and Dori and Marvin/Melvin got away. That is such a great movie.

As I predicted, soon after the first shark attack came another one. And another. And then another. I felt so bad for that poor old man. He had just spent the past two and a half days trying just to catch that darned fish, and as soon as he finally got it, stupid sharks start eating it like they're at a buffet and the fish is all theirs. The old man impressed me with how he managed to fend off the first five or six sharks. He harpooned two, but then lost the harpoon. He made a spear out of his knife and an oar, but lost that. He resorted to just trying to club them, but then his club broke. I felt terrible for him when he finally just sat down and gave up. I lost no respect for him at all; the fish was basically gone by that time, and there was literally nothing else he could do. It made me want to cry.

No comments:

Post a Comment