Sunday, August 22, 2010

An Understandable Title

Wow. I just realized something. I will probably sounds super extremely dumb for writing this, but I am just pumped write now. This book is called The Grapes of Wrath. The Joad family is going to California, where they plan on picking peaches and oranges and grapes. Grapes. The GRAPES of Wrath. And wrath usually means anger or something bad, so these grapes they are going to pick are the grapes of anger or unfortunateness or something. By the way, I just made up that word, unfortunateness, and I realize that, so I do not think I should get points off just for trying to be creative. Anyway, that totally makes sense, because this whole book is about their struggles and stuff leaving their town and going to California. I love when everything finally makes sense.

Too bad Mildred never made sense in Fahrenheit 451. She was just dumb.

Anyway, a lot happened in Chapter Twelve. The family got on the road, and they experienced many troubles. Their tires suck, the springs are flat, and they left the water jug at home so everyone is thirsty. Little Danny is quite an annoying character. All he does is let everyone know he is thirsty every two minutes. It is like, dude, we get it. But we do not have any water. Chill out little man.

One thing that I think would be so frustrating is that the vehicle goes so incredibly slow. They said something about going a consistent thirty five. I do not think I ever go thirty five, except when I am coming to a stop or if I am in my neighborhood rounding a corner. That turtle they mentioned earlier could probably beat them to California. That is pretty embarrassing.

I thought it was sad and gross when the dog got hit on the highway. Why did nobody try to stop him? What did they think? Oh, it is fine to let our dog sniff the highway where there are cars whizzing by every second. Even though he has never seen a highway in his life, he will probably understand not to cross it. They were obviously wrong to think that, since he got hit and died. Poor little guy.

No comments:

Post a Comment