Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Taking a Stand

Montag became a man. He did something for himself that went completely, totally out of his comfort zone. He killed a man. It was not just any man, but it was the fire chief, his own boss, Captain Beatty. That man sure deserved it, though. I cannot believe he was ever a protagonist in my eyes. No, that man is a straight up antagonist. He is a bad guy, and he causes agony to everyone. What a jerk. Him and Mildred can go meet up in Heaven (nah, they probably will not be going there) and get married or something and have evil little children who everybody hates. Oh wait, Mildred is not dead yet. The world is not quite at peace just yet. Dumb Mildred. All this is her fault. Well, except for the whole corrupt government and whatnot, but that is beside the point.

I really do respect Montag for killing Beatty, however sick and unhealthy that sounds. Is it not odd that when I refer to that statement as "unhealthy," it sounds weird and like it does not belong, but if I use the word "sick," it makes sense? English is such a weird language. It is way better than Spanish though, no offense to all those great Spaniards out there. That language is just a catastrophe though. It should probably be destroyed along with Beatty and Mildred, but that is just my opinion. I mean that in the nicest way possible.

I need to stop getting off topic here. I do respect Montag for killing Beatty because he is actually standing up for himself. After years of letting people walk all over him, Montag is doing what he wants to do. He is also trying to save Faber as well, which makes me respect Montag anymore. Killing Beatty was not a selfish act, but an act of defense and honor. Plus I mean Montag had already killed people before so it was nothing that new.

No comments:

Post a Comment