Friday, August 20, 2010

Mapquest and Life of Pi

I just popped an Atomic Fireball into my mouth to distract myself from the pain in the eye. Now I have a sore eye and a burning mouth. It is really quite enjoyable. Although it seemed to work, my mouth is going crazy but I am not even thinking about my eye. Except I am sort of drooling which is kind of gross.

So, when the old man catches the big fish, I got super stoked for him. I mean, he had been fishing his entire life, so if he thought it was a big fish I completely trusted him that it was probably a monster. Especially because a dolphin was nothing to him. Except the dolphin does not come until later in the story, but whatever. So the old man caught this giant fish, and it started dragging him deeper. I was like, okay, this is good, it will get tired and then the old man will row back. But then the dumb thing kept going farther and farther out, and I started to get worried. How would the old man know how to get back to shore? Maybe it is just me, but I would be so lost. I am absolutely horrible at directions, I get lost all the time when I am driving. I did not even know how to get to school until I was in eighth grade, that is how bad it is. It is horrible. Thankfully, I just got a Blackberry, so I have mapquest on my phone. I doubt the old man had a phone with internet and directions though, so I became worried for him. What if he fell asleep and woke up and had no idea at all where he was? What would he do then? An ocean is a big thing. This is when the book started to remind me of Life of Pi. That was quite an interesting book, except the first half sucked. Luckily, The Old Man and the Sea was way more interesting than that book.

No comments:

Post a Comment