Saturday, August 21, 2010

The Joad Family

I actually enjoyed reading Chapter Eight of Grapes of Wrath. It sort of reminded me of Little House on the Prairie, but it is like the outlawed version or something. I liked reading about Joad's family; they are all really quirky and cute. Grampa is my favorite. He is hilarious. I picture him as some silly looking older man, lean and wrinkly but able to do whatever he wants. He would definitely make me laugh all the time if I was with him. Granma seems really funny too. During the dinner prayer, she keeps on shouting random praises, and it reminded me of like how a Baptist church used to be or whatever. Except for the fact that she really did not know what was going on. That made it even more funny though. Noah seems kind of strange, but I bet he is super smart or something; I am going to make a random prediction right now that he will somehow help everyone out in some huge way. I am probably completely wrong, but if I was John Steinbeck and I was writing this book, that is what I would do. I really like Al. He seems like a typical high school student who is basically not thinking with his head but is still nice enough and fun to be around. He also does not seem to be full of himself or anything, which makes me like him even more. Joad's mom and dad both also seem really nice. His dad seems funny; when Joad arrived, his dad wanted to play a trick on his mom about Joad's arrival. That sounds exactly like something my dad would do to my mom, which makes it even better. Joad's mom seems like a sweetheart. The way she reacted when she realized Joad was home was just so heartwarming.

Oh boy, time for me to start Chapter Nine. It will probably be one of those super exciting chapters like Chapters One, Three, Five, and Seven. Basically, I am super stoked.

No comments:

Post a Comment