Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Montag is Smart

So, I am supposed to be in bed right now, but due to the fact that I am redoing my room and there are pictures, picture frames, awards, books, hammers, and nails scattered all over my bed and couch, technically I cannot possibly be in bed. I guess my parents should say to me from now on, instead of "Go to bed!" they should say, "Nikki! Go to couch!" since I am sleeping on a couch in my computer room. Just something to think about.

Something I did not have to think about is the fact that the firemen would go to Montag's house. Why did I not have to think about that? Let me tell you. I did not have to think about that because it was so blatantly obvious. I mean, Bradbury, you get points for grammar and usage, but Mrs. Blemler would give you a zero for content. Creativity in that section of the book was just gone. Actually, he would probably get a zero for grammar and usage too due to all the comma splices, but I do have to say that they added to the effect and therefore should not cause him to lose points in the book of Mrs. Blemler, whom, by the way, I see zooming around in her cute little car all the time since she lives behind me. It makes me smile.

Poor little Montag was not smiling when he arrived at his house that night with the rest of the firemen. He is so stupid. He told Mildred about the books, and he told all her friends. They are not going to just ignore it. I mean I really had been rooting for Montag but that was just a dumb move on his part. He seem to be in such utter shock when he realizes the house they are at is his own. I laughed. Dude, how did you not see that coming? A small child could have guessed it would happen. My dog Simon who is asleep right next to me could have seen that coming, and his eyes are shut. Montag, my man, get with the program!

No comments:

Post a Comment